Emergency Dentistry in Central Park, Denver
If you have ever had a dental emergency, you know how disruptive it can be, especially if you experience pain.
At Central Park Dental, we understand that dental emergencies often happen at the most inconvenient times and can make it difficult to eat, sleep, or go about your daily business.
Common Dental Emergencies
Here are some of our most common dental emergencies:
- Broken or chipped tooth
- Broken or lost filling or crown
- Pain or sensitivity
- Broken dentures
- Swollen and painful gums
Same-Day Dental Emergencies
Whether you are a new patient looking for a reliable dental office in the Denver area or you are a valued existing patient, we always strive to treat dental emergencies on the same day, whenever possible. Here are some guidelines to follow in order to receive fast and effective treatment:
- Call us right away! Don’t wait to call. Dental pain is an indication that something is wrong and requires attention. Waiting may worsen pain or increase the risk of losing your tooth.
- Give us the information. When you call to schedule your appointment, provide us with some information about what happened so we can prepare for your appointment.
- If your crown came off, bring it with you. In some cases, we can reattach it.
If you lost an adult tooth due to trauma, place it in milk or saliva in a small container and bring it to your appointment.
Preparing for Your Emergency Appointment
We will set up a room that is dedicated to diagnosing your dental emergency. Our main goal at this appointment will be to restore your health and eliminate pain.
We will likely take one or more x-rays of the area in order for Dr. Karlyn Taylor to make an accurate diagnosis.
Once we know what is required, we may offer to proceed with treatment on the same day or address the pain you are having and schedule full treatment at a later time. Either way, we will help you feel more comfortable right away.
How to Avoid Dental Emergencies
The best way to treat a dental emergency is to avoid it altogether!
You can avoid many dental emergencies using the following guidelines:
- Make good home care a habit.
- Get two dental exams per year.
- Visit us for at least two dental cleanings per year (more for gum disease).
- Follow through with recommended treatment.
- Report any changes to your dentist.
We know that even the most conscientious patients sometimes have an unexpected dental emergency, and we are here for you!
Contact Our Denver Dental Office
Our Central Park (formerly Stapleton) dental team will guide you through the emergency process so you can look and feel your best in no time.
Call to schedule an emergency dental appointment with Dr. Karlyn Taylor.